The Stingrays are now accepting applications for as assistant coach for the 2019 swim season.
LADNER STINGRAYS SWIM CLUB is dedicated to promoting and developing amateur swimming in Ladner. As a member of our coaching staff, you will become part of a dedicated team that works together to support our swimmers to develop their skills, compete in local, regional and provincial swim meets, make new friends and have fun. For more information visit www.ladnerstingrays.com
Position Title: Assistant Head Coach
Term: May 1 to August 15, 2019
Hours: Approximately 16 hrs a week , plus events and swim meets
Pay: Salary rate based on certificates and experience
Location: Ladner Outdoor Pool, 5105 47 Avenue, Delta
This position is ideal for an experienced competitive swimmer who is interested in stepping into an assistant coaching position. This position is responsible for coaching an assigned Senior group as well as a younger division; provide direct leadership, instruct and motivate the swimmers. Also requires coach to create and maintain an enjoyable, challenging, clean and safe environment for swimmers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to Head Coach
- Works with swimmers to discuss progress and achieve their goals
- Works with volunteer coaches
- Makes and implements practice plans
- Assist and support all team-related activities
- Lifeguard when needed
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people;
- Available to work flexible shifts and arrive on deck 15 minutes before shift starts;
- Ability to conduct pool chemical checks prior to start of practice;
- Ability to observe, instruct and demonstrate proper stroke techniques;
- Strong leadership qualities, sound decision-making, and ability to respond effectively to both oral and written instructions.
- Certificates in Standard First Aid, NLS, and WSI
- Experience as a competitive swimmer, having competed for a minimum two years;
- Worked as a paid coach for minimum two years ;
- Above the age of 18
Please email the president at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
A pre-interview email will be sent to you as confirmation that your application has been received. Read the email carefully.