PARENT EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
We hope that parents participate in both team and club activities. We believe this adds to club cohesion and builds special bonds. Parents who support the coaches, opposing team members, the team, the officials and their own children are positive role models. The children become better athletes and citizens modeling on these behaviors.
The Ladner Stingrays Swim Club cannot function without the fantastic efforts of our parents. We thank you in advance for your ongoing support.
The club expects that parents will do the following:
- Provide emotional and moral support for their children;
- Ensure athletes arrive to the pool on time for practices and competitions;
- Work with the coaches to stress the importance of personal best and personal improvement;
- Leave the coaching to the coaches, who have experience and qualifications necessary to createa positive, competitive and fun experience for all athletes;
- Read the email communications;
- Communicate with the coaches on a regular basis and voice concerns at an appropriate time;
- Volunteer your time to help out with the club activities and operations. This is a requirementof your membership in the club. Please see the Volunteer Opportunities in the Parent Handbook and on the club website
- Participate in Fundraising activities
- Follow the “Parent Code of Conduct” located on the team website