The name of the society is the Ladner Stingray Swim Club, hereinafter referred to as the Association.
The purposes of the society are:
- To promote, encourage and develop interests and skills in aquatic activities such as swimming, diving, and associated water sports.
- To affiliate with the British Columbia Summer Swim Association (BCSSA)
- To educate the public in the benefits of providing opportunity and the facilities for the purpose of practicing and enjoying water sports.
- To encourage personnel in the teaching and coaching of aquatic skills and sports, to provide training programs and to conduct and participate in aquatic sport competitions.
- To encourage a sense of community, to provide a positive environment for summer activity, and to support family involvement.
- To develop and encourage lifelong skills to aid in physical, social, and emotional well being
- To obtain necessary funding for conducting the business of the Association.